- BS – University of California, Davis – 2004
- DVM – Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine – 2008
- Rotating Small Animal Medicine and Surgery – Iowa State University – 2009
- Specialized Emergency and Critical Care – Eastern Iowa Veterinary Specialty Center – 2010
- Eastern Iowa Veterinary Specialty Center – 2013
- Diplomate – American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care – 2014
Dr. Olsen has spoken locally, regionally, and nationally related to topics in critical care medicine, and has a strong commitment to educating. Upon completion of her residency, she took a position in the intensive care unit at Iowa State University. She more recently returned to private practice, relocating with her husband from Charleston in 2017. She strives to make emergency and critical care medicine approachable for her clients, her staff, her regional referring veterinarians, as well as her colleagues at Carolina Veterinary Specialists. She has published in scientific literature on several topics related to critical care medicine, including gunshot wounds, electrolyte derangements in diabetic ketoacidosis, and dyslipidemias in critically ill dogs.
When not at work, Dr. Olsen enjoys spending time with her husband, their young daughter, and their pets, a Golden Retriever named “Roubaix”, and their cat, a Maine Coon mix named “Memphis”. Additionally, Dr. Olsen has been a long-time avid bicyclist, a culinary enthusiast, and thoroughly enjoys the cinema.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Trauma resuscitation
- Transfusion medicine
- Sepsis and shock therapy
- Advanced life support therapies – long term mechanical ventilation, peritoneal dialysis, hemodialysis