- BS – Winthrop University, 2003
- DVM – Tuskegee University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2009
- MS – Oregon State University, 2010-2013
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Rotating Internship – Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2009-2010
- Small Animal Internal Medicine – Oregon State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010-2013
Areas of Special Interest:
- Gastrointestinal disease and Endocrinology
- Published: “Expression of Serotonin, chromogranin-A, serotonin receptor-2B, tryptophan hydroxylase-1, and serotonin reuptake transporter in the intestine of dogs with chronic enteropathy.” Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation. 2016, May; 28(3):271-8.
- Comparative Gastroenterology Society abstract winner at ACVIM Forum for the abstract: “Serotonin and Chromogranin-A expression is increased in the small intestine in dogs with inflammatory bowel disease” – 2013
- Member, Rho Chapter of Phi Zeta Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine – 2008-2009
- Terrence Ferguson Award for Excellence in Small Animal Parasitology – 2008-2009
- Georgia Veterinary Scholars Program research project. “Characterization of Acidocalcisomes of Leishmania major After Knock Out of Dihydroxyacetone Phosphate Acyltransferase, an Enzyme Involved in Glycerolipid Biosynthesis.” University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. Research presented: Merck-Merial-NIH National Veterinary Scholars Symposium, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland – 2007
- Bailey has spoken at a number of educational seminars provided for the veterinarian referral community in addition to veterinary residents, interns, and students.