Diagnostic imaging service at Companion Veterinary Specialists utilizes the most advanced tools available to help diagnose your pets’ medical issues. We have incorporated digital radiology into our diagnostic imaging capabilities leading to more immediate treatment and giving our doctors, along with the primary care veterinarians who refer patients to us, the chance to share patient information in a much more time-efficient manner.
In addition to providing state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging services to support our veterinary specialists, radiologists also provide film-reading services for your primary-care veterinarian as well as outpatient ultrasounds. Tests performed include:
- Color-flow doppler ultrasonography
- Ultrasonography guided biopsy
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
DVM, Diplomate ACVO
- BS – Frostburg State University
- DVM – Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, 1995
- Small Animal Internship – University of Missouri, 1995-1996
- Diagnostic Imaging and Radiation Therapy Residency – University of Illinois, 1996-2000
- American College of Veterinary Radiology
After completion of her residency, Dr. Mortenson joined the faculty at the University of Illinois for one year before joining Carolina Veterinary Specialists in 2001.
Areas of Special Interest:
Abdominal Ultrasound, Radiographic Special Procedures and CT.