Avian and Exotic Pet Service
Services provided on the Avian and Exotic Pet Service include initial wellness exams, annual wellness exams, grooming visits (for established patients only), medical and surgical illness exams, daytime work-in and emergency services, and after-hours emergency services (on a limited basis, please call ahead of time if possible). Referred cases are transferred back to the family vet as soon as appropriate.
The Avian and Exotic Pet Service at Carolina Veterinary Specialists provides dedicated, advanced veterinary care for exotic pets, including:
- Birds, such as parrots, finches and canaries, and backyard poultry
- Domestic ferrets
- Domestic rabbits
- Pot-bellied pigs (also called miniature pigs)
- Reptiles, including lizards, turtles and tortoises, and snakes
- Guinea pigs
- Hamsters and gerbils
- Sugar gliders
Advanced medical and surgical diagnostic and treatment procedures include:
- Endoscopy (laparoscopy, tracheoscopy, gastroscopy)
- Computed tomography (CAT scans)
- 24-hour animal hospitalization
- Dental surgery
- Chemotherapy for exotic pets
Patients are seen on an appointment basis whenever possible. Please call 704-949-1100 to schedule an appointment.
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (Off Thursdays)||8:00am – 5:00pm|
Please call in advance if possible to confirm availability for daytime or after-hours emergencies
Veterinarian for Exotics
Lauren Powers is based out of Huntersville and has limited availability in Charlotte and Matthews – please call our Huntersville hospital for more information.