Our Specialty is Your Pet
Carolina Veterinary Specialists assists in the diagnosis and treatment of companion animals with complex diseases. We work closely with your primary care veterinarian to provide therapies for the most challenging medical conditions. With an emphasis on quality and service, we provide the most sophisticated veterinary care possible.
Your Primary Care Veterinarian and Our Specialists Work as a Team
We work closely with your family veterinarian to provide the best course of treatment for your pet. Your veterinarian knows your pet’s medical history, and we rely on your doctor to detect the need for advanced specialized care. After your visit to our hospital, we contact your veterinarian and provide a detailed written report.
Carolina Veterinary Specialists accepts new clients by referral only. Our 24-hour Animal Emergency accepts all clients.
Get More Veterinary Service Details
A visit to one of our specialists requires a referral from your primary care veterinarian.
- Your veterinarian may call our office to make the referral, however, we encourage them to provide us with a referral form that indicates the problem(s) to be evaluated, as well as all pertinent medical history.
- Once your veterinarian has completed the referral form, your veterinarian or you may call to make an appointment for the first visit.
- You can expect to have a detailed visit with one of our veterinary specialists that will assess your pet’s condition, make recommendations and answer any questions you may have.
- You will also be given an estimate for the cost of the care to be provided.
- Expect your initial visit to last from 20 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon the nature and complexity of your pet’s problem.
- Following each visit your referring veterinarian will receive a detailed written report describing the outcome of your visit.